Breaking Through Walls When Breaking Bread


I wonder: what is more joyous than breaking bread with good friends, family and people dear and near to your heart?

There is something about eating and drinking with people who like and love one another that is phenomenal.

The heart is touched and the smiles convey things that words sometimes cannot fully express.

I recently had a get-together with some people I care about.

Afterwards, I was nearly emotional remembering their faces, the conversations, the smiles and the appreciation my heart felt in having them all together.

The occasion was a preemptive celebration; a great expectation soon to arrive.

The reception was surprising to me, and I could see God's grace in the turnout and people's responses and gratitude for the invitation.

My heart was full of gratitude as well and I'm grateful for the dynamic of interpersonal relationships.
How good and pleasant it is 
  when God’s people live together in unity! 
It is like precious oil poured on the head, 
  running down on the beard, 
     running down on Aaron’s beard 
  down on the collar of his robe 
It is as if the dew of Hermon 
  were falling on Mount Zion. 
For there the Lord bestows His blessing 
  even life forevermore. 
- Psalm 133

Comments

Popular Posts