Waking Up To His Grace

James 1: 12

I am a man, born in this world, yet I am not of this world...for the spirit that lives in me is from Above.

I had no initial choice in the matter of being called heavenward, for God chose me.

Now being cognizant (aware) of what God has always provided me, I make choices towards His will; those choices being called obedience.

Life has actual meaning after realizing the purpose of His creation in me.

The 'work' I do is not to save myself, but to do exactly what He purposed for me to do from eternity.

I can now look back at the manner in which, throughout my entire life, He has held my hand, heart and mind in and through all things.

I am becoming more aware of my role in this experience we call life.

His salvation of my soul is not dependent on my understanding of the intricacies (specific details) of His salvation.

His salvation can be both simply and confusingly explained.

His salvation is beyond the absolute understanding of any man, yet we have been given a glimpse and a bit of understanding.

If my salvation was dependent on my understanding, then grace wouldn't be what grace has always been.

Grace defined by human terms following God's revelation is:

“the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings”

In perfect and mysterious terms, grace is:

But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Yeshua Christ, overflow to the many! Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Yeshua Christ! 
Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. 
The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Yeshua Christ our Lord. 
- Romans 5: 15-21

Comments

Popular Posts